When clients want to be pro-active before we meet to overcome their fear of public speaking or to take their skills from good to great.
I suggest they write out at least the first paragraph or jot down some notes of what they want to say and once we have made an appointment to send it to me.
These are some things to keep in mind when tackling your speech for the first time.:
- What was my journey?
- What good stories do I have to share?
- How can the audience relate to those stories?
- Have they had a similar quest/struggle or mission?
- What is my closing or call to action?
- How many slides do I have and what is the dialogue that goes with each slide?
The biggest suggestion, however:
Watch Amy Cuddy deliver her MIND BLOWING speech on TED TALKS. There is a reason it is one of the top rated TED TALKS – Amy eloquently proves that our BODIES can influence our minds.